Civil Defence Day 20018
As approved for every year, JYIS has celebrated the World Civil Defence Day on March the 1st 2018. The activity held in the morning during the first two hours of the school day.
First, the program started with Quran recitation and then short & brief introduction about the Civil Defence Day from services, to measures and procedures in different places i.e. kitchen, school, road safety .. etc.
Objectives of the day:
- To recall the significance of the fight against disasters of all kinds.
- To recall the essential role played and services given by the agencies and departments of civil protection.
- To make use of different media to deliver the directives and instructions on safety and protection measurements to all citizens.
- To remind all of their duty and responsibilities towards the effective support of the functions. This to enhance civil protection measures against risks at the global level.
- To arrange symposia and lectures to educate the public on duties and obligations of civil protection.
Last but not the least, the students enjoyed the given program and lectures and they took part in distributing leaflets and brochures to increase awareness around the topic.
Later on, during the following week the school has arranged for a field trip to Dana Mall where students took the privilege to visit the civil defence campaign. The trip was so rich in information that everyone has benefitted from.
We don’t forget to thank our teachers’ Ms. Fatima, Ms. Nouf and Ms. Rio for the nice and rich program of the day.
Reported by Ms. Abrar Al Tamimi.
Annual Science Fair 2018
“A theory can be proved by experiment, but no path leads from
experiment to the birth of a theory.”
The second annual Science Fair was held at Jeel Yanbu
International School on the 22nd of February 2018. The event is
annually organised with a view to encourage and inculcate a scientific temper amongst students in order to showcase their talents in Science.
Distinct venues were allotted for different sectors in science where students can display their projects for presenting. As one entered the Play Ground area itself, one could feel the pulse and the magnitude of the event! The entire school was a buzz with this activity.
The day was scheduled to begin at 10:30 am. Higher grades students from five and above presented their projects on organized tables in the playground where the lower primary grades displayed their projects inside their building hallways.
We are so proud of all our participants ranging from first to ten grades and with the guidance and support of our science teacher none-stop. Our school comes together as a community to celebrate this great learning experience and the children were all winners as they grow in confidence and their understanding of science.
Big thanks to our external judges who has contributed from RISY – Indian Section evaluating the student’s projects.
Last but not the least; the fair was a huge success. Enthusiasm and effervescence overflowed amongst students, their teachers and visitors.
Reported by Ms. Abrar Al Tamimi
Supervised by: Bara’ah Abu-Qulbein
SHOW AND TELL
WHAT IS IT?
Show and tell is an educational program which has been applied to primary level graders in order to enhance their skills of public speaking, showing an audience something and telling them about it.
WHAT WAS THE FOLLOWED PROCEDURE?
- The activity booklet was shared with the teachers during an academic meeting where the program was explained and that the activity has to be implemented in all classes to build stronger skills in students along with confidence through regular practice.
- The activity was shared with parents for their information and to build a stronger bond between the school and home. This was done by a written notice letter to parents along with a teacher message shared on telegram channel.
- Students were introduced to the program and encouraged to participate giving a presentation about anything they like or has an interest in any subject.
- Implementation was active in classes mostly by all subject teachers involving 50% of the students in turns.
- Students were giving different ideas on how to implement by observing videos followed by actual practice by class students.
- Ideas vary from brining an object or a toy to talk about for lower graders to making subject project and talk about something that interests you through visual aid, or making PowerPoint presentation.
- Computer skills were also applied with upper primary graders.
MAIN CHARECTERS OF IDEAL PRESENTER
- Clear pitch level
- Body language as in eye contact, body movements and position.
- Depth of knowledge around the topic.
Academic Principal / CIE coordinator
Jeel Yanbu International School
Alhussan International School – Yanbu has conducted a Fire Drill on Tuesday 6th of February 2018.
Staff acted in a calm and orderly manner and those who has duties were in their right places. All exit routes were used in accordance with the plan.
From the time the students heard the fire alarm, they went directly through the emergency exits to the assembly points.
The building evacuated quickly in 1 minute and 16 second.
After all Staff and students successfully assembled in the right points, each teachers check the names list of her class students and make sure everyone is present.
The green cards were raised. A successful announced fire drill.
Ms. Arjaa Salem Makkawi
Ms. Suha AlQurashi