SHOW AND TELL
WHAT IS IT?
Show and tell is an educational program which has been applied to primary level graders in order to enhance their skills of public speaking, showing an audience something and telling them about it.
WHAT WAS THE FOLLOWED PROCEDURE?
- The activity booklet was shared with the teachers during an academic meeting where the program was explained and that the activity has to be implemented in all classes to build stronger skills in students along with confidence through regular practice.
- The activity was shared with parents for their information and to build a stronger bond between the school and home. This was done by a written notice letter to parents along with a teacher message shared on telegram channel.
- Students were introduced to the program and encouraged to participate giving a presentation about anything they like or has an interest in any subject.
- Implementation was active in classes mostly by all subject teachers involving 50% of the students in turns.
- Students were giving different ideas on how to implement by observing videos followed by actual practice by class students.
- Ideas vary from brining an object or a toy to talk about for lower graders to making subject project and talk about something that interests you through visual aid, or making PowerPoint presentation.
- Computer skills were also applied with upper primary graders.
MAIN CHARECTERS OF IDEAL PRESENTER
- Clear pitch level
- Body language as in eye contact, body movements and position.
- Depth of knowledge around the topic.