RADHWA CELEBRATES LIBRARY MONTH
WEEK 1 : 01-05
BOOK REVIEWS ….ENFORCING A CULTURE OF READING
- Students were instructed to read a book and present the book review at the end of October .
WEEK 2 : 08 -12
GUESS THE AUTHOR
- Students and teachers had to match the author’s name and photograph. Photographs of the authors were displayed in front of the library.
CREATE A BOOK TITLE – “IF YOUR LIFE WAS AN OPEN BOOK, WHAT WOULD THE TITLE BE?’
- A spontaneous reaction from students and teachers resulted in a variety of titles; however, the title Busy Life, was the winner.
WEEK 3 : 15 – 19
CREATING A BOOKMARK FROM RECYCLED MATERIAL
- Radhwa Girls were encouraged to make bookmarks from unwanted materials like cereal boxes, old gift cards, leftover gift wrapping, etc. In order to nurture a love for reading, students were asked to write a motivational quotation on books and reading. Students had fun and were extremely proud of their bookmarks that were displayed on a tree in the school’s reception area.
BOOK CHARACTER ROLE-PLAY BY GRADE 6 AT ASSEMBLY
- These talented young girls really immersed themselves into the different book characters they were meant to be and really entertained the rest of the school at the assembly.
WEEK 4 : 22 – 26
- A combination of reading and creativity resulted in beautiful collages made by the students. The collages had to reflect the books the students read.
- Students created stunning posters related to the books they had read. Their creativity new no bounds!